Original recycling children's craft that you can easily do at home with the little ones. Ideal to explain to children the importance of respecting and caring for the environment.
This piggy bank made of a tin is a good idea if you want your children to entertain themselves and learn the concept of saving. Fun children's craft to recycle material that we no longer use at home.
- An empty can with a plastic top
- A cutter
- Pair of scissors
- Measuring tape
- Glue or white glue
- Felt pens
1. Use an empty can to compose your piggy bank, it is preferable that you use one that has a plastic lid.
2. Ask an adult to make a slot with the cutter in the lid of what will be your piggy bank to put the coins in.
3. The slot of the moneybox should be as in the photo.
4. Cut out a rectangle of construction paper that can wrap around the can. Its height has to be a little lower than that of the can so that the plastic lid can be put on. The width should be one centimeter more than the circumference of the can in order to overlap the paper when sticking.
5. Decorate the cardboard by pasting your photo or drawing. Glue the cardstock onto the can. Hot glue is the best, since it cools down quickly whereas with glue you have to wait about a day. In this case, secure the paper with rubber bands while it dries.