A gift for the couple or friends can be a recipe prepared at home with the children. So we will celebrate parties such as birthdays or Valentine's Day giving a very special and homemade surprise, which is sure to be very exciting.
A simple sponge cake can become a very special recipe if we let the children fill it with jam and cover it with chocolate. A special aspect for an easy to prepare cake with a very beautiful and original appearance.
- 250 gr of wheat flour
- 125 grams of sugar
- 150 g of butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon
- Strawberry jam
- 150 gr of chocolate fondant
- 100 gr of cream
1. Mix the flour with the yeast and the lemon zest. In another bowl, beat the butter or margarine with the sugar until it turns white, add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
2. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones and make a homogeneous dough. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
3. Pour the dough into two greased heart-shaped molds, using the same amount in both, or into a large one that will later be divided. If you don't have a mold, make it a round one and then cut it out with the help of a template.
4. Bake the cake at 180ºC for about 30 min. Until when you prick it with a toothpick it comes out clean (the time will be less if the dough is divided into two molds). Let it cool for about 15 minutes, remove it from the mold and cut it in half if you used a large mold.
5. Spread a layer of jam on one of the cakes, without reaching the edges. Place the other cake on top and press lightly.
6. Chop the chocolate and put it with the cream in a bowl. Heat it in a bain-marie or microwave (at 30-second intervals so it doesn't burn). Spread a layer of chocolate on top of the cake with the help of a spatula, add the decoration that you like the most and take it to the fridge to solidify.
Here are more Valentine's recipes. Check out other recipes with strawberries for kids.
You can read more articles similar to Heart cake with chocolate and jam for Valentine's Day, in the category of Biscuits - muffins on site.