And that's not the point! If your doctor doesn't recommend lying down, you can be active for the whole 9 months. Of course the activity should be modified depending on the period of pregnancy and the condition of you and your child, however, traffic is highly recommended. The truth is that the bed only draws strength and takes away energy is well known. Women lying in bed feel more often powerless and overwhelmed by the situation, are more tired, more easily develop depression. Not to mention the ailments of the spine or joints, swelling and varicose veins.
Unfortunately, not all of us can afford to go to the fitness club. Whether due to the lack of an offer addressed to pregnant women, due to the location or simply by the financial aspect.
A good ball for everything!
A great way to do great at home is rehabilitation ball. You can order it online (from PLN 30 with delivery costs) or buy at any rehabilitation, sports and even children's store. It is worth looking for balls with which it is already pump included. In addition, the ball should be sized to grow:
- Height 140 - 155 cm: ball size 45 cm;
- Height 156 - 170 cm: ball size 55 cm;
- Height 171 - 180 cm: ball size 65 cm;
- Height 181 - 190 cm: ball size 75 cm;
Why is a rehabilitation ball pregnant?
Exercises on the ball are recommended at every stage of pregnancy - they are not intense, exhausting, but properly selected - they involve important muscle parts for us. In addition, ball exercises relax the overloaded paravertebral muscles.
On the ball you can successfully strengthen postural muscles. Just sitting on it requires muscle involvement to maintain balance, while relieving the knees or pelvis. Strong back muscles significantly prevent the development of discomfort in the lumbosacral region, and strong abdominal, buttock and thigh muscles significantly facilitate childbirth.
In addition, you can train great on football pelvic floor muscles, mobilizing even while watching TV. I guarantee that we will remember it more often on it than in a soft armchair.
How to prepare for exercise?
Remember to always before training consult a doctor. Tell him about the planned exercises - what parts of the body do you want to do. The most common contraindications to training are bleeding, unregulated hypertension, bacterial or viral infections, sometimes diabetes or twin pregnancy.
It's worth browsing the internet. The websites contain examples of exercises for pregnant women. However, start with these the simplest. Often at the beginning you will have a problem even with the usual maintenance of balance, so do not immediately condemn yourself with the bitterness that we do not get out the same as this athletic lady from the screen.
Two steps to get started
- Sit on the ball - the knees should be in a right angle. Straighten, put your hands on your hips and lower your arms, then gently strain your stomach muscles. Try to rock the pelvis back and forth slowly, trying not to move the rest of your torso or legs. Do 10 repetitions, and then do the same exercise by swinging sideways and rolling the wheels with your hips. You will feel confident thigh tension. This is a good sign - your body is working properly.
- Now it's time to train pelvic floor muscles. Relax your abdominal muscles and put your hands on it to make sure your stomach doesn't work during exercise. Try to do the same as for urinary flow retention. If you are unsure, try using the toilet, but it is better not to exercise then - it may lead to unnecessary infections due to urine remaining in the bladder. Tension your muscles and count slowly to five without holding your breath. Then relax. Perform the same operation 5 times. You can do these exercises between other exercises on the ball. The more the better. You can freely increase the time of muscle tension - up to 10-15 seconds or stretch and relax them as soon as you can. The creator of the exercises recommended to do them after about 10-15 minutes a day. Remember that the effects will be felt only after a few weeks, so don't leave them one month before delivery.
Sitting, lying, kneeling
Practicing the ball, you can sit on it, lie back or side or kneel leaning on his forearms. It's good for both exercise torso muscles, as well as legs or arms (for the latter, you can use, for example, home weights in the form of half-liter bottles filled with water). More examples can be found here.
What is important- try to avoid neck exercises while sitting on the ball. Too sudden movements can make you feel dizzy, and it is not difficult to fall down.
Not just pregnant
In conclusion, it is worth adding that not only during pregnancy the ball will be perfect. It is especially useful during the first parturition. During contraction you can bounce slightly on the ball. Sitting astride it, you can circulate your hips or swing gently - these movements make it easier for the head of the Roo to properly insert into the birth canal, they also alleviate pain.
Leaning on the back of the ball, it poses great support in taking a squat position, which promotes relaxation and facilitates the lifting of cramps. Assuming a kneeling position, you can lean on it with your forearms and gently rock your hips.
It is also worth mentioning that exercising on the ball will help us get back in shape much faster and easier after delivery. Especially when it comes to the stomach, buttocks and thighs. And all this for the equivalent of several packets of cookies. :)