Aside from who wrote the book, it should be noted that it is in it a lot of interesting comments and content. Perfect for lost parents who can't handle the problems posed by their maturing children.
What can we find out?
- about the fact that teenagers are different from adults: they are prone to dramatization, humor, and perceiving the world from their perspective.
- teenagers also respond to accusations of immaturity, disorder, laziness,
- the second chapter is devoted to the topic of communication with teenagers. Namely, how to listen and how to talk. The authors emphasize that communication does not consist of interrogating and saying what upsets you, namely the classic sayings "when you grow up, you will understand", "in my time ...", "as long as you live with us ...", "certainly none of your colleagues ... ". Teens emphasize that they need time and attention from their parents, praise and understanding.
- how to deal with teenagers in the context of their peer problems, quarrels, conflicts that arise in each group of peers, aggression from colleagues.
- it's also about drugs, drinking, smoking and drug use,
- we're discussing teen relationships and sex,
- school stress, time without parents.
Virtually every important topic from the teen's point of view is addressed in the guide. It is presented in an interesting way so that it suggests that young people write about it. The scope of undertaken issues seems to be sufficient. As for some advice, it would probably be difficult to agree. However, you must keep this in mind when reaching for a textbook at least in theory written by teenagers.
I recommend especially to parents of teenagers who have problems getting along with their children. For those who do not know how to spend time with them and how to talk about difficult topics, which, when you are old, is quite a lot.
We have two copies of this book for you. If you want one of them to reach you, send an e-mail to 28.12.2012 to the address: [email protected] and answer the question, why would you use this book? We will reward the two most interesting answers. Don't forget to include your address details!