What does it mean that pregnancy is at risk?
Endangered pregnancy is a rather broad date today. Some doctors even suggest that due to the change in lifestyle and the weakening of subsequent generations, each pregnancy requires special supervision and, in essence, becomes endangered. This view, however, should be considered brave, and people who confirm his rightness for a minority. In the common understanding, because a pregnancy at risk is a pregnancy that has various risks for various reasons.
When is pregnancy at risk?
Late pregnancy: A pregnancy at risk is often considered to be the one a woman goes through for the first time after 35 years of age. First of all, women of this age are at risk, because the chance of getting pregnant decreases every year. Secondly, anovulatory cycles are becoming more common at this stage. The problem is also a greater risk of gestational diabetes and so-called pregnancy poisoning, i.e. gestosis. For this reason, more frequent tests are needed to detect the threat and deal with the effects quickly.
- early pregnancy: the second pole is early pregnancy, which requires more attention at the outset. Attention is drawn to the fact that women before the age of 18 are more vulnerable to disorders in the functioning of the uterus, as well as impaired child development. In addition, too high pregnant blood pressure may be a problem, especially for pregnant women under 16 years of age.
- multiple pregnancy: multiple pregnancy is also considered to be at risk. The problem may already be carrying two children under the heart, especially three and more. Doctors point out the higher risk of gestosis in pregnant women, earlier termination of pregnancy or impaired fetal development.
- gestational diabetes: diagnosed diabetes in a woman needs to be monitored closely before becoming pregnant. Before you start trying for a baby, you should pay attention if your sugar level is stable to prevent the development of diseases that are typical of early fetal development due to too high sugar levels: heart and kidney defects. The consequences of diabetes during pregnancy can be too much weight gain, too early birth or even miscarriage. That is why regulating and controlling blood sugar levels is so important. Surveillance must be far-reaching, most often diabetes testing is performed every two weeks.
- complications during the first pregnancy: miscarriage, premature birth, delivery by caesarean section, which means that the next pregnancy is often considered at risk by doctors. The risk is greater, even if the pregnancy is theoretically straightforward. Additional tests or precautions are often indicated.
- too high blood pressure: during pregnancy, the blood pressure drops initially before rising. Sometimes it grows in a disturbing way, which is often a reason to recommend staying on the pathology of pregnancy, or in milder situations of lying and resting. It is important to prevent fetal growth retardation or too much amniotic fluid reduction.
Your pregnancy is at risk also a random problemwhich concerns women theoretically healthy, not sick, not at risk, and before becoming pregnant, taking care of themselves. Another reason for classifying pregnancy as endangered is the accident of a pregnant woman or exposure to negative external factors. Infectious diseases are a separate group: especially rubella and toxoplasmosis
Endangered pregnancy is a problem associated with physiology that may appear at any stage of pregnancy development. Warning signs are spotting in the first trimester, the cervix opening and contracting too quickly, the proliferating pubic symphysis, or the emerging problem of hypertension.
However, despite the fear and fear of classifying your pregnancy as a high-risk pregnancy, you can usually handle the situation. The vast majority of endangered pregnancies end satisfactorily. Taking medication, lying down and taking care of yourself allows you to report pregnancy to such a stage when childbirth is already possible and safe.
Pregnancy lying down
When the doctor recommends lying down for several weeks or months, a woman and her immediate environment is a challenge. one must reorganize all life to date. Give up professional activity, forget about going out for a while: to the birthing school, the swimming pool, as well as the usual walks or meetings with friends. All current responsibilities: home or child care (if the couple already has a child) must be given to another family member, friends or carer.
Organizational problems are one thing. A woman's well-being is a big challenge. In order not to fall into a depressed mood and not become a nuisance to the environment, it is worth treating lying down as a period in which you can catch up in reading books, watching TV, movies. You can start writing a diary, paint, learn languages, or use the computer for short moments. Each activity should be performed short enough so that it is not tiring.
Bed rest for weeks or months can be a very big and difficult challenge. However, by repeating to ourselves that we do it for a child and that this time will really pass soon, makes us able to deal with the situation better. In addition, it is worth remembering that bed rest is often temporary and after normalizing the situation often becomes unnecessary.
Lying pregnant improves blood flow through the uterus, reduces pressure on the cervix, facilitates kidney function and lowers blood pressure. It is rarely necessary for a woman to drastically limit her activity throughout her pregnancy. Usually the recommendation is temporary. However, they should be taken seriously and do not get up under any pretext to make tea. A short walk is possible only when the doctor allows it, after normalizing the results.
Visits to the doctor
When pregnancy is at risk, doctor visits are usually scheduled more often than for complicated pregnancies. It is advisable to detect possible threats and complications in advance.
When your doctor tells you to lie pregnant, it's best to find out exactly about this:
- what position is best to lie in
- how often you can get up - whether only to the toilet or also for example to make a meal
- whether you can work, e.g. at the computer, or look after older children.
During the visits it is worth informing the doctor about any ailments: abdominal pain, lower back (reminiscent of sinusoidal periods), headaches, increased blood pressure, and swelling.
At-risk pregnancy carried out by an experienced doctor can sometimes be calm waiting for a child. However, it is worth taking care of the details: good care of a woman at home and outside. Support, love and patience help us through hard times.