This information is helpful both for getting pregnant and also when we decide on natural contraceptive methods. In practice, however, just before they are used, difficulties often arise: first of all, strong doubts: from the category, what if I make a mistake? They are larger in pairs of unplanned children and in women with irregular cycles. Some resistance to observing their own body is also found by women who do not believe in nature, living in the belief that it cannot be so simple that oh organisms do not "work properly", afraid to trust what can be observed on their own without spending a single zloty.
The open question is: does observing your body make sense? Is it possible to determine fertile days quickly and simply? How can you recognize them with 100% certainty? Read!
Fertile days and cervical mucus
Cervical mucus changes during the cycle. It happens for a reason. On fertile days, its consistency makes it easier for the sperm to reach the egg, in the infertile period it blocks fertilization and sometimes completely destroys it.
Mucus is secreted by the cervix. This secretion is natural and very needed. When it is healthy (no infection is going on), it is designed to protect the sperm from the adverse, acidic environment prevailing in the vagina. Four types of mucus are produced in one cycle, not as many women think two. By observing mucus and other accompanying symptoms, you can determine if a woman has fertile days.
How does cervical mucus change during the cycle?
Cervical mucus changes. Once it is thick (infertile, it is an impermeable barrier), other times it is rare, watery and there is a lot of it (it is fertile mucus, which perfectly "leads" the sperm to the target).
There are four types of cervical mucus:
- type G- characteristic for the infertile period. Occurs at the beginning (just after menstruation) and at the end of the cycle, looks like a thick paste (cut off protein), has a transparent, white or slightly cream color
- type L - appears after type G mucus, is liquid, white, accompanied by a feeling of humidity. It is designed to select sperm, it does not yet mean the most fertile period in the woman's cycle
- type S - a few days before ovulation, a large amount of mucus appears, which is slippery and fluid, transparent, like raw chicken protein. You can see thin, white threads in its structure. It is a fertile mucus that is supposed to facilitate fertilization due to the fact that it enables sperm to move freely and reach the egg cell.
- type P - Ovulatory mucus, which is less common and less stretchable than S-type mucus.
To make cervical mucus healthy, it's worth:
- limit sweets, too much sugar changes the pH in the vagina,
- introduce a large amount of vegetables (preferably seasonal) to your diet,
- eat well (take care of the presence of EFAs and GLA - reaching for flaxseed, evening primrose oil), magnesium (nuts), vitamin B6 (buckwheat),
- drink green tea, rich in antioxidants, which allow you to fight factors that affect the health of a woman's reproductive system,
- drink the optimal amount of water (do not wait for thirst to appear).
However, mucus is not always healthy.
When its color changes to yellow, dirty, smells bad, the woman is accompanied by itching, burning, you should consult your doctor. Sometimes it happens as a result bad diet, illness, or adverse lifestyle (stress, a large amount of caffeine, smoking) in the woman's body there are changes that cause secretion aggressive mucus that destroys sperm (unfortunately difficult to observe at first glance). Then fertilization is not possible.
Application can also be a problem lubricants and intimate gels (not containing spermicides). Studies in the United States have shown that they change the pH of the vagina and thus impede fertilization. A significant decrease in sperm viability, motility and quality was found after the use of lubricants.
Fertile days, ovulation and temperature rise
Fertile days can easily appoint women who regularly, just after waking up, take temperature measurements before getting out of bed. During ovulation, the temperature increases (by at least 0.2 degrees). However, it should be borne in mind that this fact will not be observed during an infection or after a sleepless night.
Fertile days - other symptoms that are easy to see
- a lot of energy (top form - you feel that you are able to do more, you get tired less, you are positive),
- nicer, cleaner skin,
- more shiny hair,
- greater satisfaction with their appearance,
- willingness to put on more "skimpy" clothes,
- more desire for sex.
Some women also experience ovulation pain and spotting, on their basis they are able to accurately indicate the moment of ovulation. Sometimes accompanies these symptoms increased breast sensitivity.
Take a look at our fertile days calculator and find out when you will ovulate.